WSIB TREATMENT AJAX
WSIB For Ajax Ontario
WSIB IN AJAX, ONTARIO
If you work long enough you’re bound to get injured on the job. In Ontario, that is where WSIB comes in. Most companies and professions are covered through WSIB for work related injuries. How you go about your claim is very specific. Below is our advice on how you should go about filing a claim with WSIB in Ajax.
What To Do If You’re Injured At Work
1. Tell your employer and fill out appropriate WSIB forms. Your employer should fill out FORM 7 and submit it to WSIB within 5 days of the reported injury. FORM 8 will be filled out by a medical practitioner (Chiropractor, Medical Doctor, Physiotherapist). The injured party should be completing FORM 6 either at work or upon initial visit at a medical clinic. If you come to our clinic for treatment, we will help you with all forms needed for WSIB.
2. Seek treatment immediately. If you have to leave work early due to pain call (905) 239-9090 and book an initial assessment and treatment. The sooner you get in to see us, the sooner WSIB will approve your claim and the sooner you will heal.
3. If you need time off of work due to pain, Somerset Family Chiropractic can take care of that. Once approved from WSIB, if the Doctor recommends time off from work, you will be compensated and proper documentation will be noted. Light duties, modified duties, restricted hours and modified hours are just some of the options we have to help you get back on your feet faster.
4. Call WSIB within 48 hours of your initial injury, after you have informed your employer that you were injured at work. This promotes a faster response from WSIB and once again helps get your claim in the queue. The WSIB general line can be reached at 1-800-387-0750.
5. Treatment: Once the claim is approved and you get back to regular duties you are still entitled to treatment. Depending on which area is injured, you can be pre-authorized for up to 12 weeks of treatment. We will use a combination of soft tissue release, adjustments, mobilizations, IFC and exercise instruction to help get you back on your feet as quickly as possible!
If you injure your low back at work, tell your employer, fill out needed forms and get treatment within 24 hours. Legally, even if WSIB does not approve your claim you are entitled to treatment for 4 weeks, with no out of pocket expense to you.
Hurt at work .. Tell your employer .. Fill out your forms .. Call us at (905) 239-9090 .. Get treatment today!